Insurance Made Easy
Insurance claims are now a battle ground. The default position of the insurer or appointed adjuster is to find a reason to reduce, or better still, reject the claim. The potential conflict of interests for the broker, where the claim is against a “partner” insurer, merely exacerbates the situation.
It is now fairly common practice for insurance brokers not to be involved in claims negotiation. Historically, a claim was seen as an opportunity to prove the worth of promises made on appointment, but now it is more often perceived as a time consuming and costly interruption.
This turns making a claim into a bit of an unfair fight. As their champion, the insurer will appoint a specialist loss adjuster who knows the policy wording inside out and all the things you didn’t know you should have done. Who have you got?
To try to even things up a little, we’re happy to try to help. We do not charge for any initial advice so call us or email us and let us point you in the right direction. If you’re not sure you’re covered, have a “difficult” adjuster or would just welcome a second opinion – get in touch.
For the record, in the event of a claim, clients of The Insurance Manager can expect:
- Day to day contact with someone they already know and who understands their business.
- Knowledgeable, experienced and committed representation throughout the process.
- All negotiation, administration and insurer/broker liaison undertaken by The IM so time lost is kept to an absolute minimum.
- “Aggressive” negotiation based on sound technical knowledge, unhampered by the need to protect trading relationships with a partner insurer.
- No additional fees when claims occur (however, where the claim is sufficiently large or complex, we do make provision in our terms of appointment for mutually agreed project fees to be applied dependent on circumstances and need).
Maybe something to consider before a claim occurs?